Job title: Agriculture Law Clerk Intern
Company: COUNTRY Financial
Location: Bloomington, IL
Agriculture Law Clerk Intern Job Details:
At Illinois Farm Bureau, we pride ourselves on offering a competitive and enriching internship program. As an intern, you will be part of the Illinois Farm Bureau family, be assigned real and meaningful work, partner with a mentor, attend speaker sessions with employees of all levels, learn about future career opportunities, have ample opportunities to network within the organization, volunteer in our community, and so much more! We’re excited you are considering us to enhance your college and internship experience.
This position offers a hybrid work schedule and is based out of our corporate offices in Bloomington, IL.
- Legal research and writing related to various agriculture issues. Examples include renewable energy, land use, zoning, drainage, and real estate matters.
- Legal research related to PAC (Political Action Committee) and lobbying issues.
- Review contracts for services and revise to comport with the needs of internal clients.
- Draft amendments to nonprofit bylaws and other governance documents.
- Completion of first year of law school, with a good understanding of topics including constitutional law, contracts, and property law.
- Skilled in legal research, especially statutory and regulatory research.
- Interest in legal issues related to production agriculture, renewable energy, and rural issues.
- This is a paid internship, available to current law school students.
- To be eligible for an internship, candidates must be pursuing a degree for the duration of the internship.
- This internship is for summer 2024.
Apply for the job now!