Job title: Apprentice Technician – West Valley Ford
Company: Ken Garff
Location: West Valley City, UT – Valley Ford, CA
Apprentice Technician – West Valley Ford Job Details:
Considering a career with Ken Garff Automotive Group means you are in for a great ride (excuse the car metaphor)! We’re not your standard dealership or group of dealerships and we are pretty darn proud of that. We are out to do things differently and want to consistently change, grow, and progress. For that reason, our employees are proud of where they work!
West Valley Ford, a Ken Garff Automotive Dealership, is currently looking for a talented Apprentice Technician (Mechanic) that aligns with our core values and acts with respect, intelligence, greatness, honesty and teamwork. As a Apprentice Technician (Mechanic, you have an immense amount of discipline for fine details, and you regularly practice consistent follow-through in your daily work. You appreciate clear guidelines and the structure of step-by-step procedures of mechanical work. Others can count on your timely task completion and your ability to produce quality work time and time again. Above all, you are a technical expert, you love working with your hands and providing exceptional service to customers. Our Technicians create lifetime customers by treating people right. If these statements resonate with you, please apply today.
We designed a formal reward and recognition system just for you called ProTech. Do regular rewards and recognition for performance and tenure, predictable pay raises, efficiency bonus, quarterly tool allowance and discounts, and just being treated RIGHT sound right to you? We hear you! Our ProTech program is built to reward your hard work and recognize your contribution. Come join us and feel what it is like to be a ProTech!
Check out the program:
Here’s why you want to work here:
- ProTech perks described above with levels including Bronze, Silver, Gold and even Platinum.
- Paid training, certifications and real career growth
- Great people with a great culture
- Paid Time Off starting your first week and 401k with Company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-term disability, AD&D and Life Insurance
- Year-end bonus program for all employees (Garff Giveback)
- Red Wing boot program (annual replacement of work boots)
- 1:1 Tech to PC- You’ll have information at your fingertips
- Employee discounts on Vehicle Purchase, Parts, Service and More!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Assist other mechanics and automotive technicians with diagnosing cause of any malfunction and perform repair
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer
- Assist with examination of vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Assist in documenting any work performed
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes to advance to become a main line automotive technician (mechanic)
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean
- Always keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealership-owned tools
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing disposal of hazardous wastes
- Assist in road-testing vehicles to quality-check work performed
- Master our Dealer Management System (Reynolds) for time keeping, work distribution, electronic inspections, repair quotes and communication
- Be accountable to all dealership owned tools, and superior cleanliness throughout workspace and in all customer vehicles (“leave no trace” standard)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 to 2 years of general maintenance or mechanic experience desired
- Technical schooling from a mechanic program preferred
- ASE certification and Safety & Emissions certification preferred
- General mechanical skills, previous dealership experience a plus
- Excellent manual dexterity skills as well as patience, creativity, and an eye for detail
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- High school diploma or the equivalent
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
(( We Hear You ))
Apply for the job now!