Job title: Professional Services Veterinarian – Kansas City Sales Region
Professional Services Veterinarian – Kansas City Sales Region Job Details:
As a Professional Services Veterinarian you will consult with Practice Owner Veterinarians on medical protocols to promote growth and utilization of IDEXX products, services, and medical testing; and promote customer satisfaction and loyalty. Represent IDEXX to customers and academia. Partner with Sales Force and collaborate with internal teams, providing technical support to sales and marketing, technical training, market trials and other applicable technical activities.
We are always on the lookout for great Veterinarians! We are currently having conversations with people who might like to join our IDEXX team in the future or would like to get more information about Veterinarian Careers at IDEXX that are based in the Kansas City Sales Region. This area includes Kansas City, Overland Park, Wichita, Springfield, Tulsa and Oklahoma City
In this role you will:
- Consult with Practice Owner Veterinarians on medical protocols to promote growth and utilization of IDEXX products, services, and medical testing.
- Represent IDEXX to customers and academia which may include hosting seminars and continuing education sessions on company products to key influencers at Veterinary Hospitals, University and Veterinary Schools, etc.
- Partner with the Sales organization and other IDEXX areas as needed to collaborate, providing medical support to sales and marketing, technical medical training, market trials, and other applicable activities.
- Proactively support the company’s products through assisting with, creating and reviewing technical materials and presenting technical medical subjects to a variety of audiences. May assist and write technical medical documents and/or provide input and approval oversight on marketing and field selling materials.
- Provide support to IDEXX Training Department, creating written materials, presentations, and conducting training sessions as appropriate.
- Assure compliance with all lDEXX SOP’s and procedures relative to product questions/concerns, client records and administrative responsibilities.
- Handle customer (veterinary and end-user) questions providing technical medical advice and following through on product complaints.
- Adhere to and model the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will need to succeed:
- DVM degree or equivalent.
- Advanced degree or board certification preferred.
- Typically, 5-8 years of experience in the Veterinary Industry and/or in Veterinary Practice
- Licensed to practice in at least one state a plus.
- Solid knowledge of current topics and issues in clinical veterinary medicine.
- Strong business acumen, including specific knowledge of products and services sold.
- Seasoned business and medical professional.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others effectively and appropriately.
- Strong facilitator, able to resolve conflict through mutual understanding and respect.
- Excellent customer service and business relationship-building skills required.
- Professional maturity, adaptability and responsiveness to employee, customer and peer needs or concerns.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills with the willingness and ability to work collaboratively with others in a matrix environment.
- High integrity and honesty to keep commitments to Employees, Customers, and the Company.
- Goal oriented, with drive, initiative and passion for business and team excellence.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Have a service-oriented attitude.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Able to accommodate extensive travel up to 75%
- Extended hours may be required.
- Qualified candidates will reside within the geographic boundaries of the Region
What you can expect from us:
- Annual Salary based on level of experience
- Opportunity for annual cash bonus
- Health / Dental / Vision Benefits Day-One
- 5% matching 401k
- Additional benefits including but not limited to financial support, pet insurance, mental health resources, volunteer paid days off, employee stock program, foundation donation matching, and much more!
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
Apply for the job now!