Job title: Bakery Team Member – Commissary
Company: Nature’s Fare Markets
Location: Vernon, BC
Bakery Team Member – Commissary Job Details:
**Apply online and drop in to our on site hiring event – Tuesday, August 1st 2023 from 10am to 2pm – Nature’s Fare Markets at 3400 30th Avenue, Vernon **
***The successful candidate can expect to work Monday to Friday, 5 days/40 hours/week at our Head Office location here in Vernon, BC. Shifts may be scheduled as early as 5:00AM and be scheduled to finish as late as 5:00PM***
Baker – Commissary
In our commissary kitchen, we are passionately creating delicious food made with carefully chosen organic, local sustainable ingredients: fresh products, ethically raised and grass-fed meat and dairy and products without additives or preservatives. Our customers love our fresh juices and smoothies, gourmet sandwiches and wraps, salads, hearty soups, entrees, and an array of baked goods. And of course, we offer tasty options for a variety of food preferences including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and paleo diets.
- Wages starting at $17.50 -20/hour, experience dependent
- Great work/life balance
- Flexible benefit package including Health Spending Account
- Sweet Store Discount – up to 25%! Enjoy more of the products you love!
- Positive team environment, work with like-minded, mission-driven people
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Consistency is your jam! You ensure consistency in recipes through proper use of scales and volume measurements and a keen eye for detail.
- Working with our Baker to create amazing breads and buns – sweet, savoury, you name it!
- Ensure maintenance of cleanliness and comply with WorkSafe, Food Safe and Nature’s Fare standards at all times.
- You are a confident learner who is excited about baking.
- You’ve got hustle – this is a dynamic, fast paced role
- Safety is always a priority – you safely using heat seal wrapper and can use large Hobart mixers
- You have no problem jumping in where needed and help complete assigned daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks
- Contribute and maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in volume baking is a plus but not necessary
- handling bread dough
- knowledge of proofing and fermentation processes
- Educated in related field an asset
- Food Safe Certificate – Level 1
- Knowledge of inventory control and food storage procedures an asset
- Passion about fresh, organic, and natural foods
- You have a great attitude and love to learn
- You pride yourself on quality of work and your keen eye for detail
- You thrive in a team environment and enjoy collaborating with others
Some things you should know about us:
- We strive for constant collaboration and communication to achieve the best results in everything we do
- We expect our team to put as much care into food preparation as we would preparing meals for our family
- We pride ourselves in a light-hearted, fun, and inclusive atmosphere
- Recognition to stand-out team members is very important to us
- We are big on team building and take turns cooking for one another every few weeks
Put your passion into work that matters with a growing, BC-based company committed to be a better company for our customers, our employees, and the planet. We’ll surround you with a great team and a supportive learning environment where you can grow and thrive.
Nature’s Fare Markets is an equal opportunity employer and as such we strive to foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected.
Apply online today!
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!