Job title: Experienced Social Workers – Child and Family Wellness (Hybrid role, Nunavut)
Experienced Social Workers – Child and Family Wellness (Hybrid role, Nunavut) Job Details:
Calian is looking to hire a team of experienced Social Workers to promote and enhance the overall welfare of individuals and families in isolated communities across Nunavut. Areas of practice include child welfare, adult protection, counseling (individual, group, mediation), aged/disabled, and adoptions.
In this vital role, candidates will be hired as full-time employees of Calian Group. They will be engaged in 6-8 week rotations in the community, with virtual services being provided while the candidate is at home. They will be supported for the duration of their contract by a Calian Contract Manager, as well as an supervisor in the territory. Accommodations, Northern Living Allowance, and Travel Expenses will be covered for travel to Nunavut.
Expected start date is Fall 2023.
- Program delivery, including assessment, referral and case management
- Supportive services, including providing relevant information, crisis intervention, and counselling
- Administration of child protective services, including responding to requests, assessments, arranging for foster care, recruiting foster care providers, and other related tasks
- Delivering social services to the aged and handicapped, including counselling, and referrals for financial and other supportive resources
- Other responsibilities including office administration, team leadership, community liaison, and departmental support
- Diploma of Social Work or Bachelor of Social Work or Masters of Social Work
- Social Work license in province of residence (Nunavut license not required)
- Demonstrated social work experience working with children and families
- Demonstrated social work experience working with indigenous and remote communities
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Vulnerable Sector Police check
- Valid CPR-C with AED
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills, where the ability to speak Inuktitut or Inuinnaqtun would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated history of culturally sensitive practice
- Demonstrated abilities to work independently, handle stressful or volatile situations, and seek appropriate supports
- A security clearance and/or vulnerable sector screening might be required for this position.
- Our recruiter will walk you through the security clearance requirementand process.
Apply for the job now!