Job title: Finance Clerk
Company: Government of Yukon
Expected salary: $66522 – 76947 per year
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Finance Clerk Job Details:
This is a permanent full-time position, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
At Energy, Mines and Resources, we are committed to a healthy and sustainable resource sector, managed in partnership with Yukoners. We embrace a work environment where problem solving, creativity, teamwork, risk management and personal effort result in the attainment of our goals and those of our clients.
Reporting to the Head, Accounting Operations, the Finance Clerk provides a wide range of financial and administrative services to the branches of Energy Mines & Resources such as ensuring the effective and efficient management of accounts payable and receivable functions on behalf of EMR, and assisting the Head, Accounting Operations in monitoring and maintaining unit program budgets and providing support to branches as required. The position generates a variety of routine and informal financial information reports for the branches for the purposes of auditing, verifying and monitoring all program materials, internal financial transactions and office administration functions; and also acts as liaison with the Department of Finance.
For more information, please contact Cheryl Horoscoe, Manager, Financial Operations at (867) 667-3755 or at
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Marni Delaurier, HR Consultant at
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Visit our website on when applying on Yukon government jobs. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. A cover letter is not required.
- Post-secondary coursework in accounting or bookkeeping
- Experience performing a broad range of financial functions, ie. preparing financial reports, accounts payable and receivable functions and reconciliations
- Experience in applying and/or administering resource and/or financial legislation
- Experience using Yukon Government computerized financial systems (i.e. FMIS, Quest and Front End) would be an asset
Candidates who have a combination of education, training and experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above will be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have, and may be assessed on their:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Good writing and organizational skills
- Solid understanding of office and financial procedures
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a results driven environment
- Ability to use computer software for word processing, spreadsheets and database management
10 October 2023
23 October 2023