Job title: Heavy Equipment Technician, YC
Company: SMS Equipment
Expected salary: $47.82 per hour
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Heavy Equipment Technician, YC Job Details:
SMS Equipment is growing!! We are looking for Heavy Equipment Technicians.
The shift rotation for this position is 14×14. Housing is available.
The hourly rate for this position is $47.82 per hour plus applicable premiums.
Our Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) is responsible for providing repairs, overhauls, and new builds in construction and mining-related equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing assemblies, preventative maintenance, repairs and complete overhauls on heavy equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized or other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required.
- Make recommendations regarding extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement.
- Interpret work order and technical manuals.
- Complete job specific reports and paperwork as needed.
- Have a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety.
The successful candidate will possess a Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. Other requirements include:
- Strong commitment to safety
- Experience in repair/maintenance of heavy equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Some positions may require the ability to travel and meet customer site requirements
- Experience with Komatsu equipment is considered an asset
- Interprovincial Red Seal is considered an asset
This position is required to regularly work at our customers’ location. Below are the current requirements from our customers that all candidates need to be able to complete to gain access to their worksite:
- Pre-employment Medical
- Drug and Alcohol check
- Drivers Abstract
- Employment Verification
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!