Job title: Intern – Agriculture Operations (Salem, SD)
Location: Salem, SD
Intern – Agriculture Operations (Salem, SD) Job Details:
Are you looking for an agriculture operations internship in agribusiness to kick off your career? Have you been on the hunt for a company with brilliant minds, endless learning opportunities, and 100+ years of experience? Are you interested in gaining operations experience in the agricultural chemicals, fertilizer, seed, and technology industries during a 12-16-week program?
Come work for Wilbur-Ellis, a company where many current leaders started their careers in your very shoes. Make a difference, work with the best, and grow with us!
Give me more information!
As a Wilbur-Ellis Operations Intern, you’ll gain knowledge on what it takes to support our farmer customers daily. This may include exposure to logistics, warehouse operations, field application, soil sampling, crop protection deliveries, and much more. You’ll have the chance to share your creative, new ideas with the team, provide your unique point of view, and make a difference.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Learn our products, services, industries, and operations
- Assist in the storage and distribution of products
- Learn about key metrics of inventory, product availability, warehouse, and transportation performance
- With guidance, perform analysis that can drive improved supply chain and operations results (availability, turns, excess, obsolescence)
- Inspect all products packaged to ensure high-quality shipment to the customer
- Shadow warehouse representatives to understand what it takes to provide a high-quality shipment to our customers
- Gain Knowledge of the supply chain of liquid & dry crop protection products from production to delivery at the location
- Maintain and observe appropriate safety practices and working conditions; must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and follow all safety policies and practices
- Complete the tasks and activities outlined by the Manager and/or Mentor for the intern
- Adhere to the normal working hours of the Wilbur-Ellis location
- Support the location & customers of the location, keep business confidential, and partner for a successful season
- Submit a final project and PowerPoint presentation of the internship
- Other duties as assigned
What should I be bringing to the table?
As an intern, we understand you may not already have a world of experience under your belt! We would love to have a college student majoring in Agriculture, Plant Science, Ag Business, or a related field and a background in agriculture operations, but this is not required! Overall, we are looking for someone who is a self-starter, excited to discuss their own ideas, has strong communication and presentation skills, has the ability to manage their time and skills effectively, and brings their full self to work each day! We want to help you grow, and we want to learn from you, too!
- Mobility and ability to bend, kneel, walk long distances, and operate company machinery within state laws and company guidelines.
- Comply with company safety standards, including a clean driving record
- Willingness and desire to work overtime hours and occasionally Saturdays during busy seasons
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed specialty chemicals, and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over 100 years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Follow our career social media accounts! Instagram: Facebook:
Internship Operations Agriculture Fertilizer Upper Mid West Salem SD South Dakota Internship Operations Agriculture Fertilizer Upper Mid West Salem SD South Dakota Internship Operations Agriculture Fertilizer Upper Mid West Salem SD South Dakota Internship Operations Agriculture Fertilizer Upper Mid West Salem SD South Dakota
Apply for the job now!