Job title: ND – CT Surgery APP – Nurse Practitioner – 5000-6000/weekly
Company: One Stop Staffing Solutions
Location: Grand Forks, ND
ND – CT Surgery APP – Nurse Practitioner – 5000-6000/weekly Job Details:
Job Description Summary
The Nurse Practitioner collaborates with physicians, as necessary, to verify diagnosis, identify high-risk situations or alerts to changes in patient’s status and takes appropriate action. The assistant administers medication and performs procedures within the scope of practice. This position provides patient/patient’s family with appropriate education and follow-up care and/or referral to other health care resources.
- Demonstrates a knowledge base of various procedures and surgical first assist techniques. Follows principles of sterile technique.
- Maintains proficiency in endoscopic vein harvest.
- Demonstrates suturing skills including tying techniques, ligaturing vessels, wound closure and hemostasis.
- Provides patient/patient’s family with appropriate education based on the patient’s condition and identifies needs in order to optimize understanding. Provides health maintenance and disease management counseling to patients.
- Obtains comprehensive medical histories, performs physical examinations/assessments and initiates admission orders as appropriate.
- Provides medical management and/or other interventions for acute and chronic health problems.
- Implements a plan of care and performs procedures according to the Advanced Practitioner’s education, training, experience and competencies. Refers patient to specialists and/or therapists when appropriate and in a timely manner, ensuring continuity of care.
- Orders and interprets lab studies and diagnostic tests to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment as appropriate. Notifies patients promptly of test results. Collaborates with physicians, as necessary, to verify diagnosis, identify high-risk situations, or alerts to changes in patient’s status and takes appropriate action.
- Writes orders for prescription medication under the established protocol.
- Serves as a liaison and a resource for physician, health care team members, patients and families.
- Participates in plans for health promotion, prevention and maintenance for the Altru Health System, the community and region.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- Nurse Practitioner | North Dakota Board of Nursing (NDBON) or Compact State Agreement | Prior to Start Date
- Nurse Practitioner | Minnesota Board of Nursing | Prior to Start Date
- Driver’s License with Acceptable Driving Record | Driver’s License – Current State Licensed| Prior to Start Date
- Basic Life Support (BLS) | American Heart Association (AHA) | Prior to Start Date
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) | American Heart Association (AHA) | Prior to Start Date
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!