Job title: Pay and Benefits Administrator
Company: City of Iqaluit
Expected salary: $70700.69 per year
Location: Iqaluit, NU
Pay and Benefits Administrator Job Details:
The City of Iqaluit is looking for an experienced individual to join our growing team and City as the Pay and Benefits Administrator.
Title:Pay and Benefits Administrator
Salary:$70,700.69 per annum, 35 hour/week
Settlement Allowance:$20,907.43 per annum
Housing:No Staff Housing Available
Closing Date:Open until filled
Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Pay and Benefits Administrator position is responsible for gathering time records from employees and calculating hours worked and pay received for each employee accurately. They are sometimes responsible for ensuring that time records are accurate and that any inconsistencies or errors are resolved. They are also responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, retirement plans, etc.). This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivilant;
- Enrollement in the Canadian Payroll Association;
- Post secondary courses in accounting or payroll and benefits administration
- Minimum three-years work experience in the field;
Specific Skill or Knowledge Required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Knoweldge of laws and acts regarding payroll and benefits (Ie. Labour standards Act etc.)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with various suppliers, employees, management and the general public.
- Ability to read and interpret collective agreements and other governing documents;
- Ability to work under pressure within specific deadlines;
- Ability to maintain neat, legible and accurate records;
- Enrollement in CGA or CMA;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktitut
Equivalencies that include a combination of education, skills and abilities to formal education may be considered.
The successful candidate would be required to provide an acceptable Criminal Record check, as well as, an acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
Please visit our website https://www.iqaluit.ca/careers to apply.
- The City of Iqaluit embraces the intent and spirit of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit; Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive consideration under this agreement.
- Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Also, check out other jobs in Canada