Job title: Production Operators
Location: Perth, ON
Production Operators Job Details:
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking Production Operators to join our Manufacturing team located in Perth, ON!
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative 3Mers.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military experience to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Production Operator you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Ensure the safe and optimal use of equipment, using established procedures, Lean, and 5S principles to foster improvement and achieve production goals
- Perform regular Quality checks, and ensure compliance with standards
- Develop knowledge to troubleshoot plant processes, perform equipment changeovers, as well as minor troubleshooting and repairs as necessary
- Adjusting to new demands, products, and plant priorities to support business interests
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Completion of High School or equivalent
- Mechanical/troubleshooting experience
- Flexibility for shift rotations
- Must reside in Canada
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Post-secondary education
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results both alone and in cross-functional teams
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven track record of possessing a pro-active, constructive approach and a high level of focus in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and waste reduction
Work location: Onsite – Perth, ON
Travel: May include up to 5% of travel, which may involve overnight stays.
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized or Not Authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Chat with Max
For assistance with searching through our current job openings or for more information about all things 3M, visit Max, our virtual recruiting assistant on 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M_Canada or @3MNewsroom.
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Apply for the job now!