Job title: Research & Development Food Science Intern
Company: 8th Avenue Food & Provisions
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Research & Development Food Science Intern Job Details:
Business Unit Overview
8th Avenue Food & Provisions is a growing organization made up of businesses that produce and sell quality products including pasta, peanut butter, granola, and fruit and nut trail mixes to retail, foodservice and ingredient customers. The company was formed in October 2018 through a combination of Post Holdings’ private brands businesses and is owned by Post Holdings and funds affiliated with Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P. (“THL”), a private equity firm.
What 8th Avenue Has to Offer
At 8th Avenue Food & Provisions, an internship will allow students like you to gain hands-on experience working with a premier private label partner in the food industry specializing in consumer packaged goods, including retail, food service, and ingredient customers. You will learn to create more effectively, implement high-level ideas, and build your networking skills.
We value your contributions; your flexible minds and relentless energy to help us look at opportunities differently and keep our ideas fresh!
Why intern at 8th Avenue Food & Provisions?
- You will play a huge part in solving the problems of your assigned team
- Your will be treated as part of the team where your opinions, ideas, and suggestions are heard
- You will get direct face-to-face time with the leadership team
- You will learn about the hard skills and soft skills needed to build your career path
Location: Fenton, MO (May require travel to the Hazelwood plant)
Duration: 10-weeks; 40hrs
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00 pm CST; Monday – Thursday in office and Friday remote
R&D Food Science Internship Overview:
8th Avenue Food and Provisions is looking for a bright young intern for our R&D department! As an R&D intern, you will dive into the private label world of healthy snacks and nut butters! The products you may be involved with include: granolas, dried fruits, roasted nuts, trail mixes, seasoned nuts, peanut butters, almond butters, cashew butters, and pistachio butters. You will work on various projects within the R&D and Innovation department along with managing your own intern project to develop new trail mix and seasoned nut products from concept to finished prototypes. In this role, you will report to the Director of R&D and Innovation – Healthy Snacks & Nut Butters.
What You will Do
The R&D projects and intern project will provide you valuable exposure and experience in areas of:
- Product Development Skills
- Trend Analysis and Concept Development with the Marketing Intern
- New Raw Material/Ingredient Sourcing and Testing
- Benchtop Prototype Creation
- Use of Genesis to Generate Nutritional Facts Panels
- Specification Creation
- Sensory Analysis`
- Cross-Functional Communication
What We Need From You
- You have a bachelor’s degree and are pursuing a graduate degree in Food Science (preferred), Nutrition, or other related Science.
- You have an interest in Research and Development within the Food Industry.
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- You exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment.
- You work well in a team environment.
- Proficient in using Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Apply for the job now!