Job title: Transload Facility Operator [7 days on/7 days off]
Company: Falcon Contracting Ltd.
Expected salary: $28 – 30 per hour
Transload Facility Operator [7 days on/7 days off] Job Details:
Falcon Contracting Ltd. operates a materials transloading and logistics terminal on our 75+ acre industrial property located in the BCR Industrial Park, Prince George, BC.
We provide rail-to-truck and truck-to-rail transloading services to a number of clients in the Mining, Forestry, and Oil & Gas sectors.
Falcon is looking to add Transload Operators to our professional team and has an immediate opening for interested candidates. We offer competitive wages and long term work.
Shift: 12 hours per day. 7 days on with 7 days off.
Wage: $28.00 to $30.00 per hour
Located in Prince George, BC.
- Conducting daily operational and safety checklists
- Inspecting railcars received from CN, applying hand brakes, bleeding air, etc.
- Prepare the railcars for loading and unloading
- Perform start-up, operation, and shutdown of equipment
- Connecting/disconnecting hoses from railcars and transload pumps, augers, and meters
- Opening/closing valves to start and stop loading process
- Monitoring flow rate, temperature and pressure during loading and unloading
- Recording necessary load volume totals
- Neatly and accurately complete shipping and receiving paperwork
- Maintain cleanliness of site trucks, tank farm, office and transload equipment
- Handle problems as they arise and initiate steps to resolution
- General maintenance, as well as cleaning, housekeeping, grass trimming and snow removal
- Effectively communicate with co-workers by radio, signals or by other means
- Commit to safe work practices by following standard operating procedures and watching out for the health and wellness of others
- Take an active role in the sites safety program including participation in safety meetings and conducting facility inspections
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years industry experience or willingness to learn on the job
- Understand, or willing to learn, railway operations and safety
- Preference will be given to candidates certified in Canadian Rail Operating Rules (CROR)
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions; wind, snow, rain, heat and cold.
- Ability to complete the physical aspects of the job including climbing railcars, opening and hatches, crawling under railcars, walk long distance on uneven terrain, etc.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to troubleshoot and perform general maintenance
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only select candidates whose skills and experience best match our requirements will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!