Job title: Food Service Worker (FSW) – Part-time- Multi-site- Picton Home
Company: Quinte Health Care
Expected salary: $21.71 – 22.72 per hour
Location: Picton, ON
Food Service Worker (FSW) – Part-time- Multi-site- Picton Home Job Details:
$21.71 – $22.72/Hour
Food Service Worker (FSW) – Part-time- Multi-site- Picton Home
Permanent Part Time
Support Services Careers
Number of Positions:
July 20, 2023
various – days, evenings, weekends
Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital (PECMH) is located in extraordinary Prince Edward County, which is surrounded by 800km of shoreline and is home to world-renowned Sandbanks Provincial Park. Prince Edward County, known to locals as ‘The County’, is bustling with artists, entrepreneurs, farmers, winemakers, chefs, and nature lovers. Whether you enjoy a day at the beach, cycling along farm-lined roads, enjoying a glass of wine and a wood-fired pizza, bird watching, camping, or simply strolling to shops and restaurants, ‘The County’ provides the perfect backdrop for a relaxed lifestyle, close to the amenities of a larger city in Belleville.
PECMH, which sees more than 40,000 patients each year, is being rebuilt as a leading edge facility, equipped to meet today’s standards of exceptional care. The new hospital is anticipated to open in 2027 and will continue to offer a range of services including 24/7 emergency care, various outpatient clinics, diagnostic imaging (with CT being added in the new hospital), endoscopy, dialysis and palliative care. The hospital works closely with Prince Edward County Family Health Team, the other Quinte Health hospitals, and regional health centres, to serve the community together.
When you work at Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital, you are part of a family of health care providers who know each other’s names, celebrate milestones together, and work collaboratively to provide incredible patient care to residents and tourists alike.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid Food Handlers Certificate, from Public Health. One-day online course (https://ingoodhands.ca)
- Good understanding of Food and Nutrition and are able to follow recipes, measurement and portion control.
- Must be able to withstand temperatures of 8-13 degrees Celsius for periods of 2 hours.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management, clients, suppliers and co-workers.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and accomplish tasks in a fast paced environment while maintaining a polite, spirit of service attitude towards co-workers and patients. Must have good writing skills to complete documentation that are part of Food Handling (HACCP) guidelines , file and maintain records for reference for management and or inspectors., and completing food order/supplies to maintain the department
- Must have the ability to operate fax machines, printers, phone lines and all other office type equipment (ie tablets and other computer devices)
- Must have the experience and knowledge to work with and answer questions, and make corrective actions with Local Public Health Representatives
- Must be able to work independently and with a team .
- Must have satisfactory work performance in present position.
- Must be flexible and adapt easily to changes in scheduled hours, work assignments, environment, and style of service
- Must be able to adjust to a forever changing environment.
- Must successfully complete the required training program within the defined probationary period.
- Ability to successfully be mask fit tested.
- Provides complete food service functions for clients including food preparation, restocking supplies, cleaning dining, cooking areas and equipment.
- Prepares, disassembles, restocks and clean the tray line for food assembly operations and all other areas within the department, including dish machine and removable of waste.
- Assemble patient trays according to established time frames and all NFS department/Public Health policy’s, in safe food handling.
- Working with other inter professionals /delivery personal/ suppliers/office and clerical staff
- Complete all housekeeping task including using housekeeping type equipment ie: vacuums /mops/floor machine etc.
- Performs all work in accordance with Public Health (safe food handling) QHC policies and procedures and requirements including WHMIS, Provincial and local regulatory agencies for Quality Assurance & Safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands Analysis
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Occasionally – lifting and carrying average weight 20 pounds and max 50, pushing/pulling average 10-15 pounds and max 30 pounds
- Required Constantly – standing
- Required Frequently – walking, bending/stooping
- Required Occasionally – sitting, twisting/turning, bending, crouching/squatting, kneeling
- Required Rarely – balancing, climbing
- Required Frequently – forward shoulder movements, gripping/grasping, pinching, neck, elbow, shoulder, wrist and back normal range of motion
- Required Occasionally – fine finger movements, shoulder movements (up/down)
Quinte Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 or for assistance.
Quinte Health is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for the job now!