Bayer Search For Testing Research Associate, Bayer is a global company with core competencies in the fields of life sciences such as healthcare and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer, you have the opportunity to integrate into a culture in which we value our employees’ passion for innovation and give them the power to change.
Testing Research Associate Bayer California:
Tasks And Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of the role of Testing Research Associate are:
- Responsible for the planning and execution of experimental programs and performance tests in the protected culture and/or open-air environment;
- Develop, execute and continuously improve the strategic test plan that meets the business objectives and deliver the results;
- Use internal IT systems to operate research equipment, data collection, data management and comply with seed management standards;
- Able to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment;
- Executing agreements and test plans to generate quality data so that breeding partners can develop new products based on product performance and market demand;
- Capture data in Windows and iOS operating systems (desktop computing, iPhone, iPad) and perform data quality checks to improve vegetable products in time;
- Use indicators and quality control procedures to achieve the accuracy, efficiency, and expansion improvement of the agreement;
- Adopt digital phenotype innovation and provide feedback to automation engineering on new tools and systems;
- Explore innovative technologies/ideas to expand capabilities, improve process efficiency, and deploy new technologies in data collection and crop management systems;
- Manage relationships with grower partners to ensure timely completion of tasks and data integrity;
- Perform tasks to ensure compliance with Bayer’s policies and quality standards, including the protection of daily use logs, calibration, and maintenance of equipment;
- Help develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement through workflow assessment, creative sharing, innovation, and technology adoption;
- Work closely with scientists and key partners to ensure proper data package delivery and store data in appropriate databases approved by the company;
- Ability to extend working hours during peak seasons (including non-traditional daytime working hours with the potential for overnight travel);
- The position requires driving company vehicles (centralized or assigned to individuals). This may include the need to drive more than 5,000 business miles per year in a personal, shared, or leased vehicle, or as part of your job duties, expecting to drive a shared car frequently regardless of the mileage.
Who You Are:
Your display of our LIFE values will drive your success. More specifically, related to this position is that Bayer seeks incumbents with the following conditions:
- A bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience or a master’s degree with at least two years of experience;
- Knowledge and experience of agricultural equipment and/or vegetable crop production practices, and the history of using this knowledge in the research environment;
- Have the ability to formulate project plans, analyze and interpret data;
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-based environment;
- Manage multiple projects and priorities;
- Able to collaborate with cross-functional teams to effectively achieve business results;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all management in a multicultural organization;
- Ability to extend working hours during peak operating periods;
- Up to 50% of local travel and up to 25% of overnight travel during peak season;
- A valid driver’s license; the driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet the guidelines based on the company’s risk screening for hiring drivers.
- Preferred research fields include: horticulture, agronomy or related fields;
- Have experience in greenhouse environment;
- DOT medical card or the ability to obtain a medical card by successfully completing and passing the DOT medical examination. In addition, the candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA standards. Drivers with previous DOT driving experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety inspections and applicable reviews.
- Can provide domestic relocation for this role.
Bayer offers a variety of competitive compensation and benefit plans. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have “enthusiasm for innovation” and “power of change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third-party resumes.
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer/disabled/veteran
Bayer is committed to providing convenience and reasonable convenience to people with disabilities during its application process, and encourages applicants with disabilities to use the following contact information to apply for any convenience they need.
Location: United States: California: San Juan Bautista
Department: Crop Science
Reference code: 283061
contact us via Email: [email protected]