Job Position: Horticulture Farm Manager
Location: 9883 Vasse Hwy, Peerabeelup WA 6260, Australia
Employment type: Full Time
Salary: $80,001 – $100,000 Per Year
The Horticultural Farm Manager will be tasked to manage farm workers and subcontractors. He/she will undertake the day-to-day farm operations that includes growing, expanding and diversifying the crop portfolio. All farming operations will be aligned with the agrotourism section of the business.
The Horticulture Farm Manager will have direct reports from farm hands/workers and seasonal subcontractors. He/She will report the estates’ owners.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Land clearance for crop and infrastructure expansion.
- Planning and coordinating planting and production of grape, avocados, limes and other crops
- Application of fertilizers and chemicals, soil cultivation, harvesting.
- Organizing storing, grading, packaging, and preparing the produce for sale.
- Management of outsourced horticultural operations and contracts
- General maintenance of grounds and public facilities
- Analysing existing operations, crops, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understand expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops and perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Overseeing the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm i.e. fruit, vegetables, citrus and sugarcane.
- Ensuring all staff adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Recruiting, training/instructing and supervising farm workers
- Collaborating with the owners to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Managing and maintaining farm records including taxation.
- Implementing and overseeing fertilizing and pest and weed control
- Ensuring that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets, budgeting
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and health and safety stand
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinating with Agritourism management including management of agritourism staff (cellar door, cleaners etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum five years as a farm manager of a mixed crop farm responsible for all facets of the business
- Proven proficiency in English communication skills
- The ability to manage a blended farming and agritourism business including direction of farm and guest house/venue staff
- Desired additional skills and experience (not mandatory)
- Tourism, catering (food and beverage)
- Guest house and accommodation management
IDEAL CANDIDATE BEHAVIOURAL PROFILE
• Have a healthy positive attitude, ability to work alone or alongside others, a solid work ethic, be safety driven, physically fit, and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
Apply Now and also check out Farm Manager in New South Wales Australia.